Friday, October 17, 2008

Out with the old In with the new!

Time to pull out the winter clothes, When I realized that Carter had 1 pair of pants that fit him and Ethan was wearing floods, I decided to take action. To the storage for a box with 2T winter clothes for Ethan and a trip to the store for Carter. Mervyns had some great deals on jeans, Carter had a blast trying on his clothes, I wish I would have had a camera, with every new outfit he would do a guitar player move in front of the mirror, I suppose that ment that he approved of the mom and dad pick.

To update the Eyre book that I am taking my time reading chapter 2 is on the crab. We should remeber to be the opposite of the crab, when crabs are put together in a pot not one would make it out because the ones on the bottom continue to pull the ones on top down. So instead of always judging, saying no, or talking down to , things of this manner, we should be more uplifting. So I tried this concept this week. I took Carter to Wheeler farm, all he wanted to do was jump over the stream in all different places. Some spots where further away than others and at first he said "I can't jump that far, I will fall in" So instead of just letting him believe that I encouraged him to jump and the worse that would happen is he would get wet. So he jumped and supprisingly he made it across. He was so proud of himself, it boosted his confidence and it was fun to see him overcome a fear. So anyhow the Eryes are an awsome

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joy in the Journey! I loved that! I just recently added the similar quote to our blog! It was so great to see you. Sorry it is forever between times of getting together! Your boys are so cute. This is such a great way for me to keep in touch. Love, kim